|This park area once
contained the Marquis
de Mores' meat
packing plant that
burned down in 1907.
Today a native clay
|de Mores Packing Plant
Situated on the western edge of
Medora, the site once contained the
meat-packing plant, a slaughterhouse,
three icehouses, several outbuildings,
a railroad spur track, and a corral.
The building burned in 1907, leaving
the tall, native clay brick chimney
standing. A picnic area is located next
to the plant.